San Diego!


February, 2016


Mike had a business trip in San Diego during the week, so naturally I decided to tag along. I joined him from Thursday- Sunday and it was such a good idea! The only bad thing, our hotel. We probably wont stay there again. We had this weird makeshift room that was really loud. Fortunately it was really close to the docks, but it was still a bit sketchy. We had so much fun though! I was a little nervous to go at 17 weeks pregnant, because I had been feeling so sick. But I felt so much better there! It was so great to be at sea level and leave the inversion of Utah.  We ate at great restaurants, went to the Zoo, rode Uber's everywhere, kayaked in the ocean and saw Sea Lions, and walked the docks. It was so great to get away and be boyfriend/girlfriend for a bit. 


Of course, you can't go wrong in Little Italy! Great food and so cute to walk around.


 Snooze Restaurant is a super yummy breakfast restaurant, and SUPER busy. We waited for about an hour on a Friday morning. The omelet and crepes that we got were fabulous, and so was the service. Our waiter was fabulous and even gave us a free crepe. 

Then on to THE SAN DIEGO ZOO !!!  I LOVE zoos. This is an incredible zoo too. They were doing quite a bit of construction, nonetheless, we had such a good time seeing all of the animals. 


(hello little baby bump!)





We ate at Miguel's Cocina near the Hotel Del Coronado and then walked around the hotel grounds. This might be one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen! The restaurant was mediocre. The chips and salsa they had while we were waiting were amazing though!


Kayaking in the ocean! This was so much fun and so cool. Our guide was amazing! We took an Uber ride up to La Jolla where we met with our group and took off on our kayaks. Luckily it was really warm and sunny. 



Just watching the sunset near the hotel


We ate dinner in the Gaslamp district at the Strip Club Steak House. Crazy name and I'm not quite sure I can recommend this since the wall decor might be a bit.. interesting. However, it was a fun place to eat where we were able to cook our own meat.  I think that I prefer someone to make it for me though. Isn't that the purpose of going out to eat.  


This was such a great getaway. It was hard to go back to the inversion. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author